AMERICANS ARE CRAZY ABOUT RETIREMENT!
Everywhere we look there are books, articles, and websites dedicated to the subject—most of which are about how to get there fast, and how to enjoy it when you’re there.
In this book, I encourage us to reimagine retirement from a distinctly Christian perspective. In doing so, I challenge our typical view of retirement as the ultimate reward for a life of hard work by asking key questions:
- What does the Bible have to say, if anything, about retirement?
- What would a God-honoring and -glorifying retirement look like?
- If retirement is probable for most of us, how should we plan for it as wise stewards of the resources God has entrusted to our care?
In Reimagine Retirement, I answer these and other questions to help us construct a vision of retirement that reflects the values, priorities, and purposes that are most important to God.
“You can retire from your full-time job or a lifelong career, and if you do, make sure you are ready for it. Make sure you can fund your retirement and have a plan to make your money last. Take care of things like health care and long-term care if you need to. But no matter what, please don’t retire from the church, your family, or your community. Don’t retire from God’s army. Stay on mission: keep serving, keep giving, keep sharing your life and resources with others. This is the way of life in the last season of life.“
- Publisher: B&H Publishing Group
- Published: November 5, 2019
- Available in: Paperback and Kindle